U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) - Administration for Children and Families (ACF) - Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation (OPRE)
05/08/19 4:30 PM ET paper submission, or 11:59 PM ET electronic submission
Grants ranging from $20,000 to $25,000 to USA nonprofits, IHEs, agencies, for-profits, school districts, and housing authorities for graduate student dissertation research to inform policies relevant to early education practices. Funding is intended to produce research that will improve the practice and policies of early childhood programs, particularly those serving low-income children and families.
The goals of the Head Start Graduate Student Research Grants are to:
- Complete high-quality research projects that address current concerns of Head Start and Early Head Start programs and policymakers;
- Provide support for advanced graduate students whose dissertation research focuses on Head Start and/or Early Head Start populations, thus building knowledge about effective services, practices, and policies for diverse, low-income families and their children;
- Promote mentor-student relationships that a) support students' independent line of research; b) provide project supervision from qualified, experienced researchers in the field; and c) further students' graduate training and professional development in policy-relevant, applied research;
- Foster working research partnerships between academic researchers and Head Start and Early Head Start programs, thereby increasing a) the programs' understanding and use of current research information, and b) the quality and relevance of the funded research work to Head Start and Early Head Start communities;
- Support active communication, networking, and collaboration among the cohort of graduate students, their mentors, and other prominent researchers in the field, both during the graduate students' training as well as into the early stages of their research careers.
Given these goals, topics of current interest for this announcement include (but are not limited to):
GrantWatch ID#: 185557
Award Floor: $20,000 Per Budget Period
Award Ceiling: $25,000 Per Budget Period
Length of Project Period: 12-month project period and budget period or 24-month project period with two 12-month budget periods
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For questions regarding this funding opportunity and/or the application process, please call (877) 350-5913 or direct inquiries via email to: OPRE Head Start Graduate Student Research Grant Review at HSGraduateResearchReviews@icfi.com.
Submit the Letter of Intent to the following address:
Head Start Graduate Research Grant Review Team
c/o ICF International
9300 Lee Highway
Fairfax, VA 22031-6050
Wendy DeCourcey, Program Office Contact
Tim Chappelle, Office of Grants Management Contact
Phone: (877) 350-5913
Fax: (703) 934-3740
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming