Individuals, teams of individuals, and legal entities are welcome to participate and contribute.
You may only register for the Challenge and be eligible to receive the monetary prize and other prizes and incentives if:
- You are at least the age of majority in the country or territory where you reside, as of the time of entry and you are NOT a resident or citizen of a Prohibited Country or Territory (as defined below) (“Eligible Individuals”);
- You are part of a team of Eligible Individuals (“Teams”). Teams may include individuals under the age of 18, as long as the Representative (defined below) is an Eligible Individual; or
- You are a member of an organization (including corporations, not-for-profit corporations and other non-profit organizations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and other legal entities) that has been organized or incorporated at the time of entry (“Organization”); AND
- Your registration in the Challenge and your receipt of any prize or incentive does not violate any applicable law.
Once registered, Eligible Individuals, Teams or Organizations can apply to participate in the Challenge in any participating city and may be eligible to receive monetary prizes or incentives in each city.
An Eligible Individual may join more than one Team or Organization, and an Eligible Individual who is part of a Team or Organization may also enter the Challenge on an individual basis.
If a Team or Organization is entering the Challenge, they must appoint and authorize one individual (the “Representative”) to represent, act, and submit an application on their behalf. The Representative must meet the eligibility requirements above for an Eligible Individual. By submitting an application through the Site on behalf of a Team or Organization, you represent and warrant that you are the Representative authorized to act on behalf of your Team or Organization.
The following groups may register and participate in the Challenge, both on the Site and in the Workshops, but are NOT eligible to receive monetary prizes or incentives:
- Organizations involved with the design, production, paid promotion or execution of the Challenge (“Promotion Entities”).
- Employees, representatives and agents (“Agents”) of the Promotion Entities and all members of their immediate family or household. “Agents” include individuals or organizations that in Submitting an “idea” to the Challenge (as defined below), are acting on behalf of, and at the direction of, a Promotion Entity through a contractual or similar relationship. The members of an individual’s immediate family include the individual’s spouse, children and stepchildren, parents and stepparents, and siblings and stepsiblings. The members of an individual’s household include any other person that shares the same residence as the individual for at least three (3) months out of the year.
- Any member of the Challenge’s steering committee (the expert panel involved with shortlisting the applicants from the “Propose” phase of the Challenge)(“Steering Committee Member”), or the panel of judges (the panel responsible for choosing the winner(s))(collectively, the “Panel of Judges”) (each a “Judging Panel Member”), or company or individual that employs a Steering Committee Member or Judging Panel Member.
- Any Challenge mentors (individuals who are assigned to specific shortlisted teams to give advice and feedback).
- Eligible Individuals or Organizations who are either residents of (or members of an Organization that is) domiciled in, a country, state, province or territory where the laws of the United States or local law prohibits participating or receiving a prize in the Challenge.
- Any parent company, subsidiary, or other affiliate of any entity described above (“Affiliate”). An Affiliate is defined as: (a) an organization that is under common control, sharing a common majority or controlling owner, or common management; or (b) an organization that has a substantial ownership in, or is substantially owned by the other organization. For the avoidance of doubt, this may include any entity that is funded by, managed by, or substantially related to the participating municipality.
- Any other Eligible Individual or entity whose participation in the Challenge would create, in Ford’s sole discretion, a real or apparent conflict of interest.
You may NOT register and CANNOT otherwise participate in the Challenge, including on the Site and in the Workshops if you are (or your Team or Organization includes) a resident from: the Balkans, Belarus, Brazil, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, France, Germany, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Lebanon, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela, or Zimbabwe (each a “Prohibited Country or Territory”).