New York State Education Department (NYSED) - Office of Special Education (OSE)
02/12/19 3:00 PM Receipt
Contracts for services to New York qualified vendors for the creation of a collaborative partnership to improve the education of students with disabilities, ages birth through 21. Funding is intended to provide professional development and technical assistance, as well as to promote family involvement in the educational system.
The OSE Educational Partnership is a structure in which a community of practitioners will work collaboratively to support students and families. Within the OSE Educational Partnership, there are funded contracts that will provide professional development and technical assistance to a variety of stakeholders.
The funded contracts of the OSE Educational Partnership include:
- Five (5) Special Education Technical Assistance Partnerships (TAPs): Data, Transition, Behavior, Academics, and Equity.
- 12 Regional Partnership Centers
- 14 Early Childhood Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Centers, and
- 14 School-age FACE Centers serving designated regions of the State.
The OSE Educational Partnership is designed to:
- Provide a structure that facilitates systems change efforts and sustainability of those changes;
- Encourage and promote culturally and linguistically responsive and sustaining educational practices that includes families and communities as valued partners;
- Promote greater efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of high-quality services to families and professionals;
- Create a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary team approach focused on principles from NYSED’s Blueprint for Improved Results for Students with Disabilities that supports our stakeholders; and
- Rely on data-based problem-solving and decision-making as well as the use of evidence-based practices.
The eligible bidder must agree to the Mandatory Requirements found below:
1. The project must include one (1) FTE to serve as Resource Specialist. The position may be filled by up to 2 individuals, each working at .5 FTE.
2. The minimum qualifications for professional staff include a Master’s degree or higher, and experience providing professional development and/or technical assistance.
3. Bidders must be located in the region of NYS that they will serve through this project.
Subcontracting will be limited to 30% of the total contract budget. Subcontracting is defined as non-employee direct personal services and related incidental expenses, including travel.
GrantWatch ID#: 185007
28 - fourteen (14) contracts for Early Childhood FACE Centers and fourteen (14) contracts for School-Age FACE Centers.
The contracts resulting from this RFP will be for a term anticipated to begin July 1, 2019 and to end June 30, 2024.
State law requires that the award of state contracts be made to responsible vendors. Before an award is made to a not-for-profit entity, a for-profit entity, a private college or university or a public entity not exempted by the Office of the State Comptroller, NYSED must make an affirmative responsibility determination. The factors to be considered include: legal authority to do business in New York State; integrity; capacity- both organizational and financial; and previous performance.
Questions regarding the request must be submitted by e-mail no later than the close of business January 10, 2019. A Questions and Answers Summary will be posted no later than January 23, 2019.
The proposal must be received by February 12, 2019 by 3:00 PM at NYSED in Albany, New York.
Quarterly payments will be made to the vendor once quarterly reports of progress are reviewed and project outcomes are determined to be adequate.
Blueprint for Improved Results for Students with Disabilities:
Additional information regarding the OSE Educational Partnership (including a fact sheet, question and answer document, and webinar) will be posted here:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For questions, please e-mail RFP19025@nysed.gov.
The mailing address for all application documentation is:
NYS Education Department
Bureau of Fiscal Management
Attn: Jessica Hartjen, RFP#19-025
Contract Administration Unit, Room 501W EB
89 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12234
USA: New York City; New York