Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities (TCDD)
11/02/18 5:00 PM Central Time
Grant to a USA and territories nonprofit, IHE, agency, business, technical school, or faith-based institution for training new leaders within organizations that provide services to people with disabilities. Funding is intended to create and support strong, innovative leaders for agency programs. While the activities and outcomes supported by this program will mostly take place in Texas, any organization in the USA can apply.
Emerging and existing leaders from the disability community, as well as professionals from non-disability organizations what support or pay for services that support people with disabilities will be selected to participate in the program. The training curriculum must include the following components:
- History and current I/DD service delivery system in Texas
- Principles of self-determination and person-directed practices
- Public policy issues that impact the delivery of services and supports for individuals with I/DD
- Promoting positive values and a culture of acceptance for individuals with I/DD
- Individual leadership principles
- Creating networks within and across agencies and organizations to support individuals with I/DD
Training may be delivered using existing programs or by developing new curriculum. The program must include leadership development, mentorship, peer support, individual education, and projects that promote systems change. Participants who complete the program will commit to increasing and improving training for others in their own organization.
TCDD expects your project to support emerging and existing professionals who work in the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities so they develop advanced knowledge and skills needed to have significant impact on the way Texas supports individuals with I/DD. You will conduct follow-up to show that the professionals trained through this project became part of a pool of knowledgeable leaders who:
- Improved their skills, knowledge, and leadership abilities to impact meaningful changes in their organization and/or across the state;
- Increased their commitment to self-direction and full participation of individuals with I/DD;
- Improved the effectiveness and integration in the delivery of services and supports;
- Better communicated with other key decision-makers at the state and local levels;
- Developed their understanding and support of policy that will promote quality of life for Texans with developmental disabilities; and
- Shared knowledge of I/DD services and supports with other staff and future leaders;
- Improved their ability to support individuals with developmental disabilities and family members to serve on inter-organizational councils and task-forces.
GrantWatch ID#: 184442
TCDD may award a maximum of $150,000 per year, for up to five years.
Project Period: April 1, 2019 - March 31, 2024
TCDD does not plan to provide funding for these projects beyond five years. TCDD does not automatically continue funding each year. Organizations that are awarded funding must apply for continuation funding each year.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)