Foundation / Corporation
Pershing Square Sohn Cancer Research Alliance (PSSCRA)
01/24/20 5:00 PM
Grants to New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut early-career researchers in eligible areas for innovative cancer research. Applicants must submit an LOI prior to applying. Funding is intended for bold, innovative, early-stage research projects. Collaboration among individuals from different industries is encouraged.
The Pershing Square Sohn Cancer Research Alliance (PSSCRA) is dedicated to accelerating cures for cancer by advancing the pursuit of innovative cancer research and by facilitating collaborations between the science and business communities. PSSCRA seeks to guide philanthropic funds to feed critical scientific discoveries, attracting like-minded investors to the cause of fighting cancer and creating a pipeline for early-stage biomedical investments.T
- Innovative research: Truly novel approaches in cancer research with strong scientific rationale. Early stage and bold proposals are encouraged and will receive special consideration. The research areas include but are not limited to technology development and basic biology. The objective is to support projects that may be too innovative and speculative for traditional funding sources but still have a likelihood of producing important findings. It should be a unique project for scientists, who are encouraged to stretch their imagination into areas that can substantially change the area of research.
- Scientific excellence: Scientific merit as determined by the Pershing Square Sohn Prize Scientific Advisory Council and Prize Advisory Board.
- Application to cancer: Proposals that articulate a clearly defined application to cancer will be favored. The goal is to advance research in new ways that will have an impact on understanding, diagnosis, prevention and/or treatment of cancer.
In addition to receiving funding, prize winners are given access to a unique network and are invited to participate in select programs, including:
- Facilitated partnerships with other researchers within and across institutions
- Networking programs (including: collaborations/discussions between prize winners and industry mentors, introductions to philanthropic and for-profit investors in the business community, and invitations to special industry networking and entrepreneurship events)
- Annual retreat and symposium
- Ability to present the best ideas at conferences and events (hosted by PSSCRA and other organizations)
GrantWatch ID#: 184425
At least six prizes are awarded annually.
Prize winners each receive $200,000 a year for up to three years, totaling $600,000.
Projects will begin Summer 2020 and continue for up to three years.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit a Letter of Intent Online: https://prizeapplication.smapply.io/acc/l/
Any questions concerning this RFP should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Olivia Tournay Flatto, PhD, Executive Director, Pershing Square Sohn Cancer Research Alliance
President, The Pershing Square Foundation
Christy Barrow, Program Manager, Pershing Square Sohn Cancer Research Alliance, The Pershing Square Foundation
USA: Connecticut: New Haven County; New Jersey; New York City; New York: Long Island, Westchester County