Foundation / Corporation
Farm Credit East and CoBank
08/01/19 Received by close of business
Grants ranging from $500 to $10,000 to organizations in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont for activities that promote and strengthen the agriculture, commercial fishing, and forest products industries in the region.
Applicants that clearly demonstrate how a program, project, activity or event will have a long-term positive effect on the agriculture, forest products or the commercial fishing industries in the eight state Northeast region are encouraged to seek funding.
Farm Credit AgEnhancement provides support for efforts intended to foster and grow all types of agriculture including both traditional and non-traditional production and marketing approaches. Further, the funding source supports programs intended to assist all size farms, promote diversity and create opportunities for new entrants into agriculture.
Program areas in which financial support may be provided include, but are not limited to:
- Programs, projects, and activities that assist in the development of young and beginning farmers.
- Programs, projects, and activities that encourage leadership development to strengthen agriculture and the food and fiber industries. This includes programs and projects that encourage youth involvement in agricultural activities.
- Programs, projects, and activities that are intended to generate a greater understanding and appreciation of agriculture and the food and fiber industries throughout the region.
- Programs that recognize the accomplishments of leaders of the agriculture and food and fiber industries.
- Programs that are undertaken to study or advance the economic viability of agriculture and the food and fiber industries in the Northeast.
- Special activities and events that promote agriculture/horticulture/forest products/commercial fishing industry interest.
The Foundation encourages proposals from organizations that promote or facilitate minority involvement in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. To facilitate this diversity objective, the funding source will accept and consider one-county proposals that would otherwise not be eligible.
GrantWatch ID#: 180342
Grant awards range from $500 to $10,000.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.farmcrediteast.com/Industry-Support/AgEnhancement-Grants.aspx#AgEnhancementApplication
For questions, contact Jill Eyre at 800-831-4230 or send an email to AgEnhancement@FarmCreditEast.com.
Farm Credit AgEnhancement Program
615 Minot Avenue
Auburn, ME 04210
USA: Connecticut; Maine; Massachusetts; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New York City; New York; Rhode Island; Vermont