Foundation / Corporation
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF)
02/20/19 3:00 PM ET Receipt
Opportunity and stipend of up to $20,000 per year to USA and Territories individuals affiliated with qualifying institutions to participate in a leadership development program addressing public health issues in the United States. Additional funds of up to $35,000 will also be available for activities related to the implementation and evaluation of a community-based strategic initiative that promotes a Culture of Health.
This structured three-year program is for any individual—from any walk of life (for-profit, nonprofit, government, or social enterprise)—who is highly motivated, ready, and open to learn, lead, and collaborate with organizations, communities, systems, and policymakers to build a Culture of Health in our nation. Leaders come from the technology, education, housing, transportation, social sector, business, the arts, and countless other disciplines.
The Culture of Health Leaders curriculum and experience is designed to equip and support leaders through a process that helps them achieve mastery of self, relationships, environment, and change. By the end of the three years, leaders will apply the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion to create sustainable change in their communities, organizations, or systems.
Selected participants should expect to spend 32–38 hours per month throughout the program in a combination of distance/online learning and in-person meetings (up to three each year, including an annual leadership institute), including:
- An individual leadership development plan that includes self-assessments, personal leadership development goals, and plans for sustaining your leadership development and impact after you complete the program;
- Intensive executive coaching, based on best practices from the business sector;
- Self-directed, individual leadership development activities;
- Launching a bold strategic initiative that you’ll identify in year 2, using stakeholder input, data, and rapid-cycle learning;
- Developing and leading a team to implement your strategic initiative; and
- Cross-sector network-building, including leaders within other RWJF programs.
GrantWatch ID#: 179172
The program will select up to 40 leaders for the 2019 cohort.
Grant funds from RWJF will include:
- Stipend: up to $20,000 per year for three years (total of up to $60,000)
- Project funds: funding of up to $35,000
The program begins September 1, 2019. Selected leaders will receive a stipend and program benefits for three years.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Theresa Lewallen, MA, Deputy Director
Culture of Health Leaders
1301 Connecticut Ave, Suite 200
Washington, D.C. 20036
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)