New York State Council on the Arts and Wave Farm
Grants of up to $4,000 to New York media arts organizations to retain the services of outside consultants for the purposes of professional and organizational development. Funding is also available for attendance at conferences and conventions and for peer-to-peer mentoring. Priority is given to NYSCA Electronic Media and Film grantees. Applications from multi-disciplinary organizations, which incorporate technology as an art form, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants may request support for the following:
- Organizational Development: Enables organizations to hire consultants for the evaluation and assessment of organizational programs, administration, and operations, as well as planning for sustainability and growth. Funds are available for consultant fees for strategic planning, board development, staff retreats, succession planning, and preservation planning.
- Professional Development: Builds knowledge and technical expertise of media arts organizational staff and Board members to advance organizational goals and sustainability. Support is available for fees or services relating to individual staff/board or group training and education, including grant writing skills.
- Conferences and Convening for MAAF Organization: MAAF Conferences and Convening supports staff and sponsored artist attendance at New York State conferences and festivals. Organizations may apply for funding for registration fees and in-state travel expenses. MAAF also provides support for organizations to initiate and host convening on topics relevant to the field. Organizations interested in this opportunity should contact the Funding source. National attendance is now eligible.
- Peer-to-Peer Mentoring for MAAF Organizations: Technology is an ever-evolving event that challenges our capacity to meet the benefits of its creative potential. And often, there is no greater benefit than learning from our peers. The MAAF Peer-to-Peer Mentoring opportunity encourages organizational staff to travel, site visit, see what others are doing, and how they are talking about it. Funding supports travel expenses related to a professional visit to a peer media arts organization anywhere in New York State as well as a mentoring fee to the host organization.
- Emerging Organizations Fellowship: Are you a collective considering Non-Profit status? Are you a newly forming organization in need of guidance and information to help you make the decisions necessary to become a formal nonprofit, and/or 501(c)3? EMF MAAF is pleased to announce a new opportunity designed to assist and strengthen newly forming media arts organizations and activities across New York State.
GrantWatch ID#: 176725
- Organizations may request funding support up to a maximum amount of $4,000 for Professional Development and Organizational Development grants.
- For conferences and convening, $500 is the maximum award.
- For peer-to-peer mentoring, applicant organization receives travel subsidy based on distance, travel time, and mode of transportation. Mentor organization receives a $250 host fee.
- For Emerging Organizations Fellowship, Fellows will receive up to $2,000 in consultation services with the New York Council on Nonprofits (NYCON).
The period of support for all grants is determined by the applicant, within a 12-month period,.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: New York City; New York