Foundation / Corporation
American Library Association - Ethnic and Multicultural Information Exchange Round Table (EMIERT)
In-kind grants of books to USA schools, agencies, and community organizations. The purpose of the program is to build book collections and bring books and reading into the lives of children and youth in homeless shelters, under-funded libraries, preschool programs, faith-based reading projects, and charter schools, and to ensure that children's lives are saturated with books and reading opportunities.
Applicants must demonstrate:
-Why the collection is needed in their community.
-Why the collection is needed in their agency or institution.
-How acquiring the collection will help them better serve the children and youth of their community.
-That the materials will be made freely available to children and youth without censorship.
Applications will be judged based on:
- The degree of need in the community
- The demonstrated need of the agency or institution applying for the materials
- The extent to which the materials will improve service to children and youth in the community
- The extent to which the materials will be used to promote positive self-image of African American children and youth and/or broaden the worldview of children and youth
- The clarity and effectiveness of the statement of need
- The clarity and effectiveness of the plan to make the materials available in their community, including the demonstrated ability of the applying institution or agency to implement their proposal.
GrantWatch ID#: 149418
Selected copies of the books that are submitted to the Ethnic and Multicultural Information Exchange Round Table (EMIERT) of the American Library Association for consideration for the Coretta Scott King Book Award are donated to an agency with demonstrated need.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please complete the online application: http://www.ala.org/rt/emiert/coretta-scott-king-book-awards-donation-grant-application
American Library Assoc.
50 East Huron St.
Chicago, IL 60611
Telephone: Toll free 800-545-2433
Direct line 312-944-6780
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming